The Saracens HITZ programme is back! New logo, new location, new staff, new focus, same old motivation!
Saracens HITZ has returned for another year and has gone under quite the remodel. After a couple years over in Harringey, HITZ is back to Barnet with a renewed focus on the ultimate vision of solving the issue of young people not in employment, education, or training (NEETs).
With the change of location comes a new learning centre, as HITZ will operate out of their space in Colindale. The centre is close to the underground, an array of local businesses, as well as Grahame Park, a hub of activity for the programme in the past.
In previous years, HITZ has seen a focus upon educational provisions. However, the programme has changed this route. As the programme has expanded its age range to 16-24-year olds, it has also expanded its focus. In the 13-week course, learners will cover educational subjects such as Maths and English – delivered by accredited tutors from Creative Sport and Leisure – as well as qualifications in Work Skills and Sport and Active Leisure. However, these educational assets will be used to ultimately enhance participants’ goals of increasing their employability. Working alongside a local recruitment agency, participants will gain over 100 hours of work experience within the programme, as well as be offered the chance to take on a computer course that could result in a free laptop.
Overall, a thirteen-week cohort will cover:
- Accredited qualifications
- Additional courses in IT and Sport Activation (delivered by JP Morgan and GLL respectively)
- Daily travel expenses (if required) as well as free lunch provided by local Italian restaurant Spaccanapoli (see above)
- 100+ hours of work experience in local businesses
- Enrichment and social activities including day trips across London
- Work skills and practice training
- A relaxed, mature environment in which to enhance their skills and realise their potential!
If you, or anybody you know, could be interested in our programme, or if you are a local business interested in getting involved in the execution of our programme, do not hesitate to get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02036757244.