Please find below a list of current vacancies in the Saracens Sport Foundation team
Project Officer | Get Onside
Get Onside is the Saracens Sport Foundation’s prison programme which uses the values of rugby to develop the education and employability skills of offenders through an intensive 8-week course in prison. The ultimate aim of the project is to reduce the reoffending rates of ex-offenders upon their release from prison. The Get Onside project officer will be tasked with designing, developing and co-ordinating the delivery of the project, whilst also managing the budget and administrative side of the programme. The course currently runs in Feltham YOI with the potential expansion into further adult prisons in North and West London.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- To lead on the delivery of the Get Onside programme, as well as develop ideas to improve projects, engage beneficiaries, and provide the greatest impact on people and communities across the charity.
- Lead in the design, delivery and coordination of Get Onside, including owning and managing the budget and administrative duties of the project.
- Ensures that all work produced meets objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard, and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation.
- Coordinate and manage casual staff to ensure high quality and safe delivery that exceeds expectations.
- To provide detailed monitoring and evaluation reports.
Candidates will have a good understanding of the sport for change and prison landscape, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to develop within the organisation.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) with 2 cycles of 8 weeks a year working within Feltham YOI and the rest of the year working predominately out of Allianz Park. There will also be an expectation to deliver across areas of responsibility in Hertfordshire and North London. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and evenings when required.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability to the role. Applications should be sent to Sangita Asani, HR Assistant at email@example.com.
Closing date: 30th September 2019 Interviews: w/c 7th October 2019
Role: Community Coach
Hours: Casual hours
Hourly Rate: £20 per hour*
Reports to: Project Officer/Development Manager
Due to the ongoing success of the Saracens Sport Foundation, we are seeking additional casual coaches to add to our delivery capacity and continue a high level of coaching on programmes across North London, Hertfordshire and Essex.
The Saracens Sport Foundation is a registered charity which exists to enhance the lives of children and young people through the power of sport. It achieves this through the delivery of high quality and innovative programmes that promote the benefits of sport, physical activity and a healthy lifestyle. Saracens Sport Foundation delivers its work in partnership with key local statutory agencies including schools, colleges and FE establishments, county sports partnerships, local councils, youth offending teams and the local community.
You will be expected to coach a variety of inclusive tag, touch and contact rugby activities and deliver cross curricular sessions in a secondary and primary school setting. In addition to coaching, a key aspect of the role involves various admin tasks when necessary. Working across secondary schools, a proven ability to build relationships in these environments is essential.
- To deliver inclusive rugby sessions that includes delivering tag, touch or contact to boys and girls in
schools, either curriculum or after-school.
- Plan, organise, deliver and review all
- Complete all aspects of monitoring and evaluation of all delivered
- Use the Saracens Way to engage and increase participation in under-represented
- To have regular meeting/catchup’s with project officer
- UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby
- Experience of working with a range of children aged 6-18.
- Current Driving Licence and have access to a suitable
- Hold or willing to apply for a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and
- Good organisation and time management
- Excellent communication, motivation and ability to inspire
- Willingness to work flexible hours, if
- Attended 3 or more RFU CPD
- Valid first aid
- Good understanding of barriers to participation in the local
Applicants should send a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Matt Dawson, Saracens Sport Foundation, Allianz Park, Greenlands Lane, Hendon, NW4 1RL.
*Dependent on experience and qualifications.